[Yeast] homologous recombination in yeast

Jingjing Sun via yeast%40net.bio.net (by jjsun from MIT.EDU)
Wed Jul 8 22:05:29 EST 2009

Dear Yeast Netters,
I have some questions about homologous recombination in yeast:
1. In the chromosome, I already integrated a DNA sequence (~800bp). What
if I transform a replication plasmid with the same/very similar DNA
sequence? Will the two recombine?
2. a DNA sequence (~1000bp) was integrated first into the chromosome. A
second sequence, which has more than two domains of high similarity with
the first integrated sequence. I wonder if recombination will happen. If
so, will it have more than one crossover?

Thanks,
Jingjing