AW: [Yeast] calcofluor white

Arthur Schuessler via (by arthur.schuessler from
Thu Jan 6 20:19:26 EST 2011

Calcofluor white = fluorescent brightener and some other names used for it,
as far as I know. 


Just search a bit, you will find it. What sigma sells should also be what
you search for, maybe higher purity.


This chemical (maybe derivatives) is used to make cotton brighter, I think
Tinopal (BASF) is also the same thing (no guarantee - but I think I remember





Von: yeast-bounces from
[mailto:yeast-bounces from] Im Auftrag von Lavi Barziv
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 15. Dezember 2010 02:15
An: yeast from
Betreff: [Yeast] calcofluor white


I'm looking for the cell-wall stressing agent calcofluor white.

I know Sigma used to sell it, but now they are only selling calcofluor white

Does anyone know where can I get some CFW?


Lavi Barziv

Dr. Yoav Arava's Lab.

department of Biology

Technion- Israeli institute of technology.

Haifa, 32000



 <mailto:Lavi55 from> Lavi55 from


-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...

More information about the Yeast mailing list