[Yeast] Contaminants in Pichia cultivation

Boopathi S via yeast%40net.bio.net (by sboopathi from gmail.com)
Mon Oct 3 12:55:53 EST 2011

Dear Sir / Madam

I am using Pichia X-33 with pPICZaA vector to express our target protein.
For protein expression, first I used BMGY medium for log phase culture and
then BMMY medium for protein induction and incubated at 30C and 250rpm. I am
facing problem of contamination both in BMGY medium and also in BMMY medium
and not able to get the target protein. The culture gives bad odour after it
was contaminated. Please give your suggestion to get rid of the contaminants
or how to avoid the contamination during the cultivation.

Thanks!

Boopathi
---
Glycobiology lab
Molecular Science and Engineering
National Taipei University of Technology
Taipei, ROC