Laser video disc recorders

Sun Dec 4 09:56:40 EST 1994

Dear Dick,

We do speed-ups of 15000 - 20000X for differentiation waves on axolotls,
using ordinary video taping with 8 hr, high quality tapes, a household 4
head VCR, and digitization with a frame grabber. An advantage is that you
can retrieve your data with any timing interval necessary, from 1/15 sec
on up, cheaply, so you needn't miss phenomena occurring at time scales
other than what you guess as needed a priori, as in ordinary time lapse.
See:

Bjorklund, N.K. & R. Gordon (1994). Surface contraction and expansion
waves correlated with differentiation in axolotl embryos. I. Prolegomenon
and differentiation during invagination through the blastopore, as shown
by the fate map. Computers & Chemistry  18(3), 333-345.

Best regards, -Dick Gordon[Dec4,94]