Welcome to bionet.organisms.zebrafish

Dick Vogt vogt at tbone.biol.scarolina.edu
Thu Jul 21 18:00:16 EST 1994

9/4/94

Welcome to this new newsgroup, intended primarily to be a forum for folks
interested the scientific research of Danio rerio, commonly known to
aquarium enthusiasts as zebrafish or zebra danio.  The establishment of
this newgroup is in part a response to a request by attendies at a Cold
Spring Harbor Symposium last April for increased Internet interaction.

This newsgroup is unmoderated; please use it any way you like; for asking
questions, asking for assistance or for specific reagents (libraries,
clones, antibodies, etc.), posting information regarding job openings or
seekings, posting information regarding events, or in any other manner
that seems appropriate.

Also, for those "outside" the "community" that might have attended the
Cold Spring Harbor community, please use "us" as a resourse for molecular
gentic or cell biology information that might be of interest in a general
fishy context.

I am currently serving as "discussion leader" for this group, along with
Una Smith; the unmoderated nature of the group means that my job is
little more than to help out if I can.  Please feel free to contact me
directly if I can be of any assistance.

We hope you find the newsgroup useful; good luck!

Dick Vogt
Department of Biological Sciences
University of South Carolina
Columbia, SC  29208
vogt at biol.scarolina.edu
--
Richard Vogt (Internet: vogt at biol.scarolina.edu) (803) 777-8998
Department of Biology, University of South Carolina, Columbia SC 29208