FAQs and Methodologies; Zebrafish

Dick Vogt vogt at tbone.biol.scarolina.edu
Fri Nov 11 18:52:02 EST 1994

Well, there have been several requests re. methods and someone has
inquired re. FAQs.  It seems early for this perhaps, or at least there
are already repositories for methodological info of a general nature.
Besides, I'm already doing everything I can just to keep up with my own
experiments.  I will remind folks of several resourses.

THE ZEBRAFISH BOOK and THE MONITOR are available for modest cost (Monitor
is actually free) from University of Oregon.  The BOOK focuses on methods
for rearing and manipulating zebrafish, and the MONITOR is a newsletter
published several times a year that includes methods updates.  I believe
that any one who purchases the BOOK will receive back issues of the
MONITOR.  To get the BOOK, contact:

Pat Edwards
Institute of Neuroscience
University of Oregon
Eugene, OR  97403
edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu

Also, there are several WWW servers focusing on Zebrafish research.  Of
particular note are two:

http://zfish.uoregon.edu/  connects you to the server at University of
Oregon.  This site contains many useful things, including html versions
of both the BOOK and MONITOR, as well as reference and address lists.

http://zebra.scarolina.edu/  connects you to the server at University of
South Carolina (me) that contains miscelaneously useful pointers, job
offers and inquireries, zebrafish relevant announcements, etc.

--
Richard Vogt (Internet: vogt at biol.scarolina.edu) (803) 777-8998
Department of Biology, University of South Carolina, Columbia SC 29208