Microinjector

Paul Z. Myers myers at astro.ocis.temple.edu
Wed Oct 12 08:39:23 EST 1994

In article <941011.124615.PDT.SANDRA at UVVM.UVic.CA> Sandra,
SANDRA at UVVM.UVIC.CA writes:
>  I am in the market for a microinjector to be used for injecting DNA
into
>salmonid and zebrafish eggs.  I don't need anything with all sorts of
bell
>and whistles but I want something reliable.  Any ideas about who
manufactures
>good machines and who the distributors are?

Give ASI a call at (503) 485-2284. They make a nice, simple pressure
injector called the
MPPI-2 that I've been using -- it's got all the essentials, like simple
controls for pressure
and pulse duration, and a footswitch for hands-off operation.

I do have to make one little disclaimer: the people at ASI are friends,
so I'm not entirely
unbiased. They are friends I trust enough to have sent several thousand
dollars for
miscellaneous gear, though!