teaching zebrafish

Monte Westerfield Monte at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 18 17:59:33 EST 1994

In article <lkral.1132777970A at sun.cc.westga.edu>, lkral at SUN.CC.WESTGA.EDU
("Leos Kral") wrote:

> >In article <37rbsr$f88 at mserv1.dl.ac.uk> , VOGEL at ubaclu.unibas.ch writes:
>
> <SNIP>
>

> >2. A demonstration of time-lapse microscopy. The lab is early in the
> >morning,
> >so it was just right for bringing in some freshly fertilized eggs and
> >making a
> >quick movie of cleavages. The division time of 20 minutes is just right
> >for
> >illustrating slow changes but still giving us several dramatic events
> >over the
> >course of an hour.
>
> <SNIP>
>
> Paul,
>
> If the time-lapse microscopy movies were digitized om the PowerMac as well,
> could you make some available as QT movies for FTP on either a local server
> or one of the zebrafish www servers?  I would love to have a time-lapse
> video of zebrafish development for my classes.
>
> Thanks, Leos

> Leos Kral
> Department of Biology                           email: lkral at sun.cc.westga.edu
> West Georgia College                            phone: (404) 836-6547
> Carrollton, GA 30118                            fax:   (404) 836-6633

There is already a beautiful video of time-lapse (at least for early
stages) done by Don Kane and Rachel Warga.  It is part of the tape: "A
Dozen Eggs - time-lapse microscopy of normal development" produced by
Sinauer Assoc. for the Society for Developmental Biology.  I think you can
buy the tape from the Society.
--
Monte Westerfield
Institute of Neuroscience