welcome

Una Smith una at doliolum.biology.yale.edu
Fri Oct 21 06:49:48 EST 1994

To follow up on Dick Vogt's introductory message, I'd like to
mention some other Usenet resources that might be of general
interest to readers here, in addition to the bionet.* groups.

There is sci.geo.oceanography, which for the meantime includes
biological oceanography.  Also, there are 3 very active groups
for aquarium keepers:  sci.aquaria, rec.aquaria, and alt.aquaria.
For technical tips, there's sci.techniques.microscopy.

Also, there are a number of electronic mailing lists that
have something to do with fish, or various aspects of biology
that may be relevant to your research.  You'll find many of
these listed in "A Biologist's Guide to Internet Resources",
a FAQ that I maintain.  I'll post a blurb about how to get the
FAQ in a followup article.

	Una Smith		una.smith at yale.edu

Dept. of Biology, Yale Univ., New Haven, CT  06520-8104