transgenic

Giselle Thibaudeau giselle at RA.MSSTATE.EDU
Mon Aug 7 16:41:24 EST 1995

Hello!  I am writing to request information and/or suggestions about
introducing genes into fish eggs (transiently) via electroporation,
Biolistic transfer or lipofection.  A student across campus is interested
in transferring genetic info into a large number of eggs (techniques
ultimately to be used in Catfish studies) and therefore is looking for
methods other than microinjection. Existing papers do not tend to favor
electroporation of Zebrafish eggs.  Any ideas why not? Or better yet, any
ideas on a technique that has worked successfully and/or more efficiently?

We would appreciate any help you are willing to give.  Thank you.
Cheers, giselle