YAC Library

Mary Gilland gilland at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 19 09:58:59 EST 1995

I am posting this message for Dennis Powers FH.DAP at forsythe.stanford.edu

Dear Colleagues,

I have contacted a company who may be willing to make a zebrafish YAC library,
but they want to obtain some feeling for the level of intrest in the zebrafish
community.  While a number of my colleagues have encouraged me to pursue the
creation of a YAC library, I have not done an extensive survey of the
zebrafish scientific community.  If you are interested in having a zebrafish
YAC library available for your current or future research, I would greatly
appreciate it if you would send me a brief note or e-mail stating that you are
interested or may be interested in it in the future.  This same company
is also interested in making cDNA and genomic libraries from puffer fish DNA.
If you are also interested in any of these libraries, I would be happy to
forward the company's name and address to you once they have built the
libraries.

You may respond to:

Dennis A. Powers, Director
Hopkins Marine Station
Stanford University
Pacific Grove, CA 93950
(408) 655-6214 / FAX (408) 373-1254
FH.DAP at FORSYTHE.STANFORD.EDU

While they will probably proceed with the puffer fish libraries within a few
weeks, they haven't decided about the zebrafish YAC library and I would
greatly appreciate your support in convincing them that the zebrafish
community is really interested.  If there is any other information that you
would like me to pass on to this company, I would be happy to relate whatever
you send me.

Dennis Powers