YAC Library

Patricia Ann Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Wed Jul 19 09:19:36 EST 1995

Posted for Dennis Powers
*****************************

Dear colleagues:

I have contacted a company who may be willing to make a
zebrafish YAC library but they want to obtain some feeling
for the level of interest in the zebrafish community.  While
a number of my  colleagues have encouraged me to pursue the
creation of YAC library, I have not done an extensive survey
of the zebrafish scientific community. If you are
interested in having a zebrafish YAC library available for
your current or future research, I would greatly appreciate
it if you would send me a brief note or email stating that
you are interested or may be interested in the future in the
availability of a  zebrafish YAC library.  This same
company is also interested in making cDNA and genomic
libraries from  puffer fish DNA.  If you are also interested
in any of these libraries I would be happy to forward the
company's name and address to you once they have built the
libraries.

You may send your response to:

Dennis A. Powers, Director
Hopkins Marine Station
Stanford University
Pacific Grove, California 93950
Telephone: 408-655-6214
FAX: 408-373-1254
Email: FH.DAP at Forsythe.Stanford.Edu

While they will probably proceed with the puffer fish
libraries within a few weeks, they haven't decided about the
YAC library and I would greatly appreciate your support in
convincing them that the zebrafish community is really
interested.   If there is any other information that you
would like me to pass on to this company, I would be happy
to relate what ever you send me.

Sincerely,

Dennis Powers

Pat Edwards, Zebrafish Publications Coordinator
Institute of Neuroscience
1254 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1254
(503) 346-4556 / FAX (503) 346-4548