Transgenic zebrafish?

Shou Serizawa lab_sakano at maillink.berkeley.edu
Sat Jun 17 20:06:33 EST 1995

As far as I read papers, it is likely that intruducing transgene into
germline is not so difficult. I heard, although, that the expression of
the gene is not good even in the case of F1 or F2, even though all cells
have transgene. But I also heard that so far they have never used the
promoter derived from zebrafish itself for transgene, so if they use the
promoter of zebrafish itself, it will be easily expressed.
    I think if they use the promoter of zebrafish, gene expression will occur.
What do you think? If you think it won't, why do you think so.
    thanks.