albinos

Keith Cheng kcheng at cor-mail.biochem.hmc.psu.edu
Fri Jun 23 08:43:23 EST 1995

Our experience with growing up albinos has been that they are very
difficult to breed, have a high rate of death through embryogenesis, and
are more susceptible to death as adults as compared with wild-type
strains, with which we currently have little trouble.  Does anyone out
there:

1) know how to increase their survival especially through the first 30
days, or
2) have an albino strain (white eye as embryo and red as adult) that is
not such a pain?  We would greatly benefit from such a strain.

Thanks!

Keith C. Cheng
Experimental Pathology/Biochemistry&Molecular Biology
Penn State College of Medicine C7804
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
717-531-5635