Keith Cheng kcheng at
Fri Jun 23 08:43:23 EST 1995

Our experience with growing up albinos has been that they are very
difficult to breed, have a high rate of death through embryogenesis, and
are more susceptible to death as adults as compared with wild-type
strains, with which we currently have little trouble.  Does anyone out

1) know how to increase their survival especially through the first 30
days, or
2) have an albino strain (white eye as embryo and red as adult) that is
not such a pain?  We would greatly benefit from such a strain.

Keith C. Cheng
Experimental Pathology/Biochemistry&Molecular Biology
Penn State College of Medicine C7804
500 University Drive
Hershey, PA 17033
fax 717-531-5301