Edition 3, The Zebrafish Book

Patricia Ann Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Wed Sep 6 11:27:05 EST 1995

Hello,

The newest edition of The Zebrafish Book is currently at the
printers and should be ready to send out next week (September 15).  It
includes the original reprints of  "Stages of Embryonic Development of the
Zebrafish"  Devel. Dyn. 203:253-310, as well as a few new protocols
and an expanded reference list (see list below).

The book is somewhat larger than before and because of the use of
original reprints, our costs have risen.  We have determined the
new price and shipping costs.  The new edition will be:

                                   $17.00 per book PLUS shipping.

You can determine your shipping costs are as follows:

                                  The Zebrafish Book
                             Postage/Shipping Charges
                                              (U.S. $)

United States rates

     1 book -                             $ 5.00
           (no break on 2 books)
     3 books -                           $ 7.00

Canadian rates

     1 book -                             $ 7.50
     2 books -                           $ 10.00
     3 books -                           $ 13.00

European rates

     1 book - Air printed matter         $ 20.00
            Surface printed matter        $ 10.00
     2 books - Air printed matter       $ 35.00
            Surface printed matter         $ 21.00
     3 books - Air printed matter       $ 40.00
     4 books (over 11 #) - M-bag         $ 4.50 per #
          (each book weighs 3 lbs 4 oz.)

We can accept check or purchase order, but are not set up to accept
credit cards.  If you send a check, please make sure that it is in
US$.  Checks should be made out to "Institute of Neuroscience" and
sent in care of me at the address listed at the end of this message.
Purchase orders can be sent to me via e-mail or FAX (also listed at
the end of this message.)

Here's the list of additions that this edition includes:

                       CHANGES TO THE ZEBRAFISH BOOK

Additions:

       "Intestinal Capillariasis" (Page 1.9; Fish Diseases)
       "Stages of Embryonic Development of the Zebrafish"
(Developmental Dynamics  203:253-310 (1995) original reprint (inserted)
(Page 3.26-)
       "Delayed In Vitro Fertilization Using Coho Salmon Ovarian
Fluid" (Page 7.22)
       "Production of Androgenetic Haploids and Diploids" (Page
7.27)
       "Two Color Whole-Mount in Situ Hybridization" (Page 9.22)

Changes:

       Title page reflects change to "Danio rerio"
       Updated animal use protocol (Page 1.26)
       Slight text change in "Method For Maximal Embryo Production"
(Page 2.2)
       Paramecia protocol updated (Page 3.11)
       Updated reference list
       Table of Contents pages reflect page # changes and additions
in Chapters 1, 3, 7,
          and 9
       Index to reflect additions

Pat Edwards