Microworms

Pat Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Tue Sep 12 10:22:16 EST 1995

I'm posting this message for Dr. Waterstrat

What "microworms" are commonly used as an alternative replacement for Artemia
and what effects does nutrition with alternative feeds have on the model.
What other alternative live feeds have been used, Moina or Dapphnia okay.
What about bad Artemia. Back when I was working with Pandalid shrimp, culture
several sources of Artemia were reported to have levels of DDT.  Basically, we
are trying to solve some disease problems associated with cultural or
nutritional problems.

Thanks for the great internet site, Any other additional information would be
greatly appreciated

Paul Waterstrat DVM, Ph.D
College of Veterinary Medicine
Box 9825