Danio vs Brachydanio

Pat Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Thu Apr 11 11:20:54 EST 1996

I am posting this for Dr. Axel Oberemm (Axel Oberemm at igb.fta-berlin.de).
Please respond directly to him.
Thanks!   Pat

Recently I noticed that nomenclature of zebrafish has shifted again from
"Brachydanio" to "Danio". Is it generally accepted now? If, I would like
to know the basic references concerning this systematic change. I would
be grateful for some hints.

Thank You very much, Axel Oberemm

Dr. Axel Oberemm
(Wiss. Mitarbeiter, Tierschutzbeauftragter)
Abteilung IV, Biologie und Ökologie der Fische
Dept. IV, Biology and Ecology of Fish	Head: Prof. F. Kirschbaum
Institut fuer Gewaesseroekologie und Binnenfischerei
Institute of Freshwater and Fishecology
Tel.: (+49) 030/ 641 81 617 Fax: 64181600
e-mail: Axel Oberemm at igb.fta-berlin.de

Institute of Neuroscience
1254 University of Oregon
Eugene, OR 97403-1254