rearing baby zebrafish

Carolyn Mattingly cmattin at mailhost.tcs.tulane.edu
Tue Aug 27 12:29:05 EST 1996

Just a quick couple of questions.  I'm wondering if all of you that are
raising zebrafish from embryos are initially feeding them with live
paramecia that you've raised.  All of you who have read The Zebrafish
Book know that it is suggested for the first 6 days after hatching, or
is it acceptable to move straight into the live baby brine shrimp?
Also, for those of you raising baby brine shrimp, how soon after
hatching must the brine be used for feeding the recently hatched
zebrafish?  I appreciate any advice that can be provided for this novice
fish rearer.