new lab

Alain Ghysen aghysen at univ-montp2.fr
Fri Jul 19 04:54:04 EST 1996

Christine Dambly-Chaudiere and myself have been working for many years on
the development of the PNS of flies, mostly on the role of the proneural
genes, on the specification of neuronal types, and on the establishment of
specific projections in the central nervous system. We are now moving to
Montpellier, France, where we will keep working on the development of
Drosophila PNS, and also begin to work on the development of the lateral
line in fish and frog (mostly trying to work out the establishment of
central connections in this sytem). For the moment this group counts with 3
tenured people: Christine, myself, and Daniel Alexandre, who is back from a
post-doctoral stay with Nigel Holder. We will soon apply for the formation
of an INSERM Unit, for which we need four tenured people, and therefore we
would be glad to hear from any French scientist with an INSERM or CNRS
position who might consider joining us.

Alain Ghysen

Phone: (33) 67.14.48.02, Fax: (33) 67.14.39.28
e-mail: aghysen at univ-montp2.fr
Laboratoire de Neurogenetique
Universite de Montpellier II
place E. Bataillon