Anatomy book on zebrafish

Paula Mabee mabee at SUNSTROKE.SDSU.EDU
Wed Jun 12 14:24:45 EST 1996

zebrafish, I'd like to point to a paper that I have coming out in the
Journal of Morphology in August 1996.  In this paper we document the
developmental skeletal anatomy of the zebrafish in text, photographs, and
line drawings.  We also describe the relative timing of ossification, i.e.
the sequence of skeletal ossification for all of the bones in the cranium
relative to size.  Evolutionary comparisons are made with other fishes.
The exact reference is below.

Cubbage, C. C., and P. M. Mabee (1996) Development of the Cranium and
Paired Fins in the Zebrafish Danio rerio (Ostariophysi, Cyprinidae).
Journal of Morphology 229 (2):121-160.

Dr. Paula Mabee
Associate Professor
Dept. of Biology