(none)

Carolyn J Mattingly cmattin at MAILHOST.TCS.TULANE.EDU
Mon Sep 9 19:02:35 EST 1996

I light of the positive response I got from my last question, this seems
the best place to seek further advice about rearing zebrafish.  We have
had our fish for about 2 months, they are maintained at the suggested
14hr/10hr light schedule, at 28.5 C and are fed several times a day with
varying combinations of brine shrimp and dried Tetra food.  While we are
not yet in a position to be harvesting the embryos, and thus have not been
marbling the tanks, our female fish do not appear to be producing any
eggs.  I observe them in the morning just after the light comes on, and
have never seen an egg to speak of....Can anyone explain this?  I would
appreciate any suggestions that might remedy our egg-less situation.
Thanks.