Zebrafish eggs

Bill Long wlong at NS1.WMC.CAR.MD.US
Fri Jan 10 10:35:04 EST 1997

On Thu, Jan 9, 1997 15:51, Wendy Lin <mailto:af5 at taiyang.cc.purdue.edu>=
 wrote:
>According to one book, female zebrafish are lighter (or darker, I
>forgot).  Are there other differences?  Pet shop owners did not know.
>We were going to order from a biology catalog place, but they also
>would not guarantee the sex of the fish.
>
>We'd really appreciate any information that could lead to getting
>zebrafish eggs.
>
>Thanks in advance.

Wendy-
Get ten fish, that way, you won't have to worry about sexing them.
Put them in a 10 gallon aquarium.  Keep the temperature 76-78=B0 F.
Feed them as much as they'll eat in 5 minutes, 2-3 times per day.

Check the my www instructions at http://www.wmc.car.md.us/HTMLpages/Aca=
demics/Biology/WMC%20Biology%20Homepage/wlongFldr/Zebrafish/Zebrafish.h=
tml

And good luck to your son.

Bill Long