Position for Research technician

Michael Brand brand at sun0.urz.uni-heidelberg.de
Wed Jan 22 03:27:50 EST 1997

Position for a Research Technician
**************************************

A position is available for a Research Technician to join our zebrafish
laboratory at the University of Heidelberg, Germany. Starting date is
around April 1st of this year, and the position is available initially
until Dec. 1999. Our laboratory works on mechanisms of neural patterning in
the early embryo, using mutants isolated in the Tuebingen zebrafish screen
(see the zebrafish issue of Development, vol. 123, 1996). The work
involves, for instance, standard molecular biological techniques,
whole-mount immunocytochemistry and in-situ hybridisation, histological
methods, microscopy, and work with stocks of adult zebrafish and their
embryos. Previous zebrafish experience and some knowledge of German would
be advantageous. Salary is dependent on age and work experience, and is
according to German BAT (Bundesangestelltentarif).

Applications should be sent until February 15 th, 1997, to Michael Brand at
the address below.

Dr. Michael Brand
Institut fuer Neurobiologie
Universitaet Heidelberg