K-12 submissions to Zebrafish ABZs

Pat Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Fri Jul 25 11:35:31 EST 1997

Hello,

For the past couple of years, Dr. Charles Kimmel and I have been working
together to compile a simplified version of The Zebrafish Book for the
intended use of K-12 teachers who are wanting to develop a curriculae
for their science classes.  We are calling it Zebrafish ABZs and it is
currently in rough draft form.  We are wanting to include sample
protocols and lab exercises that have been used successfully for
different age groups and are soliciting them for the book.  If you have
a submission, please contact either Dr. Kimmel
(kimmel at uoneuro.uoregon.edu) or me (edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu).

ALSO...

As some of you may or may not know, for the past several years, I have
been compiling a list of researchers and high school teachers interested
in serving as resources for developing K-12 and undergraduate science
programs and lab exercises involving zebrafish and/or zebrafish embryos.
Whenever I get an inquiry from a high school teacher who is wanting to
develop such a program, I send him/her a copy of the resource list and
forward that person's message on to those who are on the list so that
some type of collaboration can begin.  Anyone who wishes to participate
as a resource is invited to "sign up".  I have about 36 people on the
list at this point.

Your help with either (or both) of these projects would be most welcome.
Thanks!

Pat Edwards