Post-doc position wanted

Pat Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Thu Jun 5 12:15:20 EST 1997

I am posting this for Jae-Seong Lee.  Please reply directly to him

Date:          Wed, 04 Jun 1997 17:37:24 -0500 (CDT)
From:          Jae-Seong Lee <jae.lee at stjude.org>
Subject:       Wanted: post-doc position
To:            edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu

 I am working in DNA replication and repair lab at the moment in
St.Jude Children's Research Hospital, Memphis, Tennessee. However, my
past experiences were focused on fish cell culture, fish histology,
fish cytogenetics, and fish molecular biology (especially, cloning,
construction of genomic DNA library and cDNA library, sequencing et
al.). Now I am seeking a position in fish lab again for continuing my
strong expertise in fish research.
 Here I have learning protein work such purification and
characterization, DNA-protein interaction, baculovirus system, DNA
replication assay. So I am used to work this kind of lab also. I will be
pleased to have any inquiry or suggestion about a suitable place for
post-doctoral training. I have a preference to join in developmental
biology or genetics lab using fish model.
 Actually I had an experience to raise small fish (especially,
rivulus; a little bit in zebrafish) in Korea (Hanyang University, Seoul)
and Pennsylvania (Penn State University, Hershey) as well as cloning
of something important genes using these fish.
 In England, I had an experience of making a genomic DNA library
and cDNA library for cloning p53, cyp450 and ras genes for the project.
I had been at the School of Biochemistry, University of Birmingham as
NERC Research Fellow for 17 months.
 Anyhow, I am giving you a brief CV for brief reviewing as follow.

Name: Jae-Seong Lee
Nationality: South Korea
DOB: September 28, 1963
Family: wife and 2 babies (1 born in America; 1 born in England)
Education:
 1982-1986	Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
 1986-1988	Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
 1990-1994	Hanyang University, Seoul, Korea
Experience:
 1994-1995	Post-doc, Penn State University, Hershey, PA
 1995-1997	Research Fellow, University of Birmingham,
   Birmingham, UK
 1997-Now	Research Associate, St.Jude Children's Research
   Hospital, Memphis, TN
List of Publications (selected)
 1. In Vitro Cell. Devel. Biol. (1989)-fish work
 2. Mutation Res. (1992)-human work
 3. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Int. (1994)-fish work
 4. Biochem. Mol. Biol. Int. (1995)-fish work
 5. DNA Sequence (1997)-fish work
 6. Cancer Letters (1997)-fish work

Finally, I can give you more information when you request me. I hope
that
you can offer me a post-doc position after consideration.

Yours sincerely,
Jae-Seong Lee

Dr. Jae-Seong Lee
Department of Virology/Molecular Biology
St.Jude Chilren's Research Hospital
Memphis, Tennessee 38105

Fax (901)523-2622
e-mail jae.lee at stjude.org