animal committees

Tim Stabler TSTABLER at IUNHAW1.IUN.INDIANA.EDU
Wed Jun 11 00:52:09 EST 1997

I thought I put something on here about animal care committees but
never got it myself so do not know what happened.

I am chair of such a committee here and have been called the "fox in
the hen house" as the committee is very small and main campus people
"fear" I will write a proposal and then just sign it myself as I
have the most animals and use the most per year.  We have also been
termed an "old boy's club" in that all on the committee use animals
and people from the main campus fear we pass whatever another
committee member wants passed.

None of this is tru and I just added the committee from the medical
center on our campus to the committee.  I have also suggested that
anyone on the committee who wants to put in a proposal will have it
looked over by some outside campus.

That is where I need help.  Are there committees out there who could
help for a short time?  We probably would not have more than 3-4
proposals in a given year.

Any comments would be helpful.

Thanks

Tim Stabler