viability of embryos

Angela Manning a.manning at
Sat Jun 28 12:40:28 EST 1997

Hi all you zfish people, how's it going?  I'm hoping someone can offer up
advice on a strange decrease in embryo viability that I've recently been
experiencing.  I have been keeping all the water, temperature and pH
conditions stable, feeding my fish well, etc, but they seem to be producing
larger amounts of embryos that simply "degenerate" not only in the early
stages of development, but also later on.  My fish have previously been
good producers; it's quite puzzling!  If anyone has any clue as to what's
up I'd appreciate hearing from you!  Also I would like to know how long
people have been storing their stock solutions for making embryo medium.
I've been using the same stocks (stored at 4C) for ~5 months (except stock
6 which I make up fresh each time).  Thanks in advance for your helpful
advice!  Angela

Angela Manning       a.manning at
Dept of Biological Sciences
University of Alberta