Lac Z/In Situ

geoff doerre gdoerre at mail2.sas.upenn.edu
Wed Mar 12 15:53:08 EST 1997

Fellow ZF researchers:

has anyone lac Z stained their in situ'd embryos?  I've been following
Reinhard & Westerfield's 1994 method, lac Z staining first and then in
situ-ing, but have been encountering significant signal loss (of message,
not of lac Z, signal.)  Is there a way to tweak this protocol, beyond
sterilizing reagents & minimizing lac Z staining time?

Alternatively, I've tried to in situ first, but alk phos treatment
probably doesn't do wonders for the b-gal activity; thus I see zero lac Z
signal.

Has anyone had similar experiences, or better luck?  Any suggestions much
appreciated,

Geoffrey Doerre

gdoerre at sas.upenn.edu