In situ hybridization

Sandra at uvvm.uvic.ca Sandra at uvvm.uvic.ca
Thu Nov 6 18:21:39 EST 1997

Dear Zebrafish researchers,

I have a non-zebrafish question that I hope someone out there may be able
to help me with.  I have worked on zebrafish in the past but I am now
working on salmon.  I am doing a developmental study and I would like to do
in situ on wholemounts of salmon embryos.  Can anyone suggest a protocol
for fixation and in situ hybridization.  The salmon egg has a tough opaque
chorion and is comprised almost entirely of yolk sac.  Thanks very much, I
appreciate any help y'all may be able to give me.

Sandra Krueckl <Sandra at uvvm.uvic.ca>
University of Victoria
Biology Department
Victoria, BC