1998 Cold Spring Harbor Meeting

Pat Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Tue Oct 7 13:57:29 EST 1997

Third Biennial Cold Spring Harbor Meeting on

ZEBRAFISH DEVELOPMENT & GENETICS
April 29 - May 3, 1998

ABSTRACT DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 11, 1998

***Conference Organizers***
Marie-Andree Akimenko, University of Ottawa, Canada
Jose Antonio Campos-Ortega, University of Cologne, Germany
John Postlethwait, University of Oregon
Eric Weinberg, University of Pennsylvania
Stephen Wilson, Kings College London, United Kingdom

Dear Colleague

You are cordially invited to participate in the third biennial Zebrafish
Development & Genetics meeting, which will be held at the Cold
Spring Harbor Laboratory.  The meeting will begin at 7:30 p.m. on
Wednesday, April 29, and will conclude with lunch on Sunday,
May 3, 1998.  The meeting will focus on the cellular, molecular,
and genetic regulation of development and growth in zebrafish, the
only vertebrate in which systematic large scale screens for embryonic
lethal mutations have been conducted. Topics, session chairs and
keynote speaker include:

***Topics and Session Chairs***

Early development/axis formation I. Chair: Frederic Rosa, Ecole
Normale Superieure, Paris, France

Axis formation II. Chair: Marnie E Halpern, Carnegie Institution of
Washington

Somitogenesis and muscle formation. Chair: Liliana Solnica-Krezel,
Vanderbilt University

Central nervous system. Chair: Friedrich Bonhoeffer, Max-Planck-
Institut fur Entwicklungsbiologie, Tubingen, Germany

Neural crest and head development. Chair: David Raible, University
of Washington, Seattle

Sensory systems. Chair: Tanya Whitfield, University of Oxford,
United Kingdom

Organogenesis, Didier Stainier. Chair: University of California,
San Francisco

Other aspects of development. Chair: Christine Beattie, Ohio
State University

Genomics. Chair: Pascal Haffter, Max-Planck-Institut fur
Entwicklungsbiologie, Tubingen, Germany

Innovative methodologies. Chair: Perry B. Hackett , University
of Minnesota

Perspectives from other fish.
Co-Chairs:

Akihiro Shima, University of Tokyo, Japan
Samuel Aparicio, Wellcome CRC Institute, United Kingdom

***Keynote speaker***
Janet Rossant, Samuel Lunenfeld Research Institute, Toronto,
Canada

We encourage you to register and submit abstracts for the
meeting electronically at Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory's web
site (see url below). Please note that abstracts must arrive by
February 11, 1998,  to allow time for the program to be
assembled and printed.  Selection of material for oral and
poster presentation will be made by the organizers in
consultation with the chairs of the individual sessions.  The oral
sessions will begin with an introductory talk by the session
Chairs and will contain talks strictly limited to 11 minutes and
10 slides, plus 4 minutes for discussion.   If you wish to designate
an abstract for poster session only, please mark it accordingly.
We hope that you or a member of your laboratory will be able to
participate in what promises to be a most interesting and
stimulating meeting.

We are especially eager to have as many young people as
possible  attend since they are likely to benefit most from
this meeting.  To assist them, we have applied for funds
from government and industry that we hope will allow us to
provide at least partial support for the attendance of graduate
students and postdocs.

We look forward to seeing you at Cold Spring Harbor.

ABSTRACT DEADLINE: FEBRUARY 11, 1998

Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory encourages you to register
and submit abstracts online via the Web at
http://www.cshl.org/meetings. Text versions of registration
forms, abstract instructions will be emailed to you on request
by contacting meetings at cshl.org.

Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory
Meetings & Courses Office
1 Bungtown Rd., Cold Spring Harbor, NY 11724
Email: meetings at cshl.org
Phone: (516) 367-8346
Fax: (516) 367-8845
http://www.cshl.org/meetings