ZF News Group Moderation Policy

Pat Edwards edwards at uoneuro.uoregon.edu
Mon Oct 20 13:26:30 EST 1997

Zebrafish Newsgroup Moderation Policy...

Pat Edwards and I are charged with monitoring the messages that will now
be posted.  In practice, messages will initially be forwarded to and
screened by Pat, who will then forward them on to the newsgroup and
e-mail subscribers.  Our initial policy is to be fairly loose with this,
screening obvious porn, make-money and cheap telephone service messages,
etc.  This means you will be receiving some messages that are not
explicitly zebrafish related.  If the number of these messages seems
offensive or objectionable, please let one of us know and we will
establish guidelines to tighten the filter accordingly.  However, it
seems better (and easier / less judgmental) to let a few borderline
messages through than becoming overly restrictive.

Richard Vogt
vogt at biol.sc.edu

Pat Edwards
edwards at UONEURO.uoregon.edu