Discussion topic - ZSM

Lauro Sumoy sumoy at u.washington.edu
Wed Apr 8 12:37:44 EST 1998

Pat,

My opinion is that the savings of having the ZSM on line would be far
greater than just reducing the mailing costs. No paper is involved
-saves
the earth- and there is instant availability of the information to the
research community.

As an alternative to mailing all researchers who do not have access to
the Web from Oregon, you may consider having local printing 'mirror-like
sites' that may be able to distribute it to local mailing lists -I'm
thinking of the research communities outside North America. If someone
over there was able to download a PDF file and make copies and send them
that would make these mailing costs come down.

Lauro

Lauro Sumoy, Ph.D.
Department of Biochemistry
J-529 Health Sciences, Box 357350