Faculty positions

p.w.ingham at sheffield.ac.uk p.w.ingham at sheffield.ac.uk
Tue Dec 1 10:52:44 EST 1998

Faculty Positions in the
Developmental Genetics Programme
at The Krebs Institute
University of Sheffield
England

The Developmental Genetics Programme was established in 1997 as part
of the University's strategic expansion in the Life Sciences. Under
the Directorship of Philip Ingham, the Programme  has already gained a
reputation as a major centre for Developmental Biology research in the
U.K. To date, nine research groups have been established, with a
variety of interests that exploit most of the major model systems,
including Drosophila, zebrafish and mouse.  Purpose built facilities
for the study of these organisms have been constructed by the
University with the support of the Wolfson Foundation and Yorkshire
Cancer Research and the new group leaders have been successful in
securing a high level of grant support from The Wellcome Trust, the
Medical Research Council and the Lister Institute .

We now seek to recruit a further three Group Leaders at University
Lecturer Level to complete the establishment of this major new
initiative. Two of these positions will be fixed term appointments of
five years duration.
We are particularly interested in applicants using the zebrafish,
Drosophila or C.elegans as experimental models.
The successful candidates will be expected to establish a strong
independent programme of research at an internationally competitive
level. Reflecting this, teaching duties will be limited to advanced
level courses.
For further information about, the Programme, the University and
Sheffield and it environs, visit our web site at:
http://www.shef.ac.uk/uni/academic/A-C/biomsc/research/dgp.html
Informal enquiries about these positions can be made by contacting
Philip Ingham directly (Tel: 44 (0)114 222 2803; e-mail:
p.w.ingham at sheffield.ac.uk).