CMV-IE promoter in adult zebrafish peripheral nerve

Li Jun L.Jun at Uni-Koeln.DE
Thu Dec 3 11:05:57 EST 1998

I am a ph.d student in Korsching's group.

I am at present trying to introduce a plasmid into the nerve tissue of
adult zebrafish, the plasmid includes GFP as a marker, up to now I
didn't see any expression of GFP. Except for the dosage of plasmid,
lacation of introducing my plasmid, I have to put promoter into my
consideration. I use Cytomegalovirus immediate-early promoter. There are
reports people use this promoter in developing zebrafish as well as in
adult muscle tissue, but so far I haven't found any articles where
people successfully use this promoter in the zebrafish peripheral nerve
tissue.

I would appreciate you a lot if you could give me some information
concerning the CMV-IE promoter in adult zebrafish peripheral nerve
tissue. Thank you very much and I am looking forward to your reply.

With best regards,
Lijun

Li jun
Institute of Genetics