Dilution of the 9e10 antibody for whole mounts

William S. Asch wasch at ccmail.sunysb.edu
Thu Jan 8 15:50:18 EST 1998

Dear Fellow Zebrafish Fanciers,
	I would like to identify myc-tag fusion proteins in zebrafish on
whole mounts using the 9e10 antibody.  Does anyone have a sense of what's
a good starting point to which to dilute the antibody?  I realize that
batch variation is a factor worthy of consideration.  Does anyone have a
"good feel" for how dilutions that work on whole mounts compare to those
that work, let's say, on Western blots (i.e. 1000x more concentrated for
whole mounts)?  Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated!
							Thanks,
							Bill

				William S. Asch
		Department of Molecular Biology and Biochemistry
				HSC T10 Room 050
			     Stony Brook, NY 11794
			     (516) 444-3425  Phone
			     (516) 444-7534  FAX