high school internships?

Andrew Symons abscc at scisun.sci.ccny.cuny.edu
Wed Jan 14 13:10:37 EST 1998

My name is Andrew Symons.  I am the marine biology teacher at the
High School for Environmental Studies in New York City.  I also
coordinate a program in environmental medicine for high school
students at the Mount Sinai School of Medicine.

We are interested in developing a program using Zebrafish to
study the effect of environmental toxins.  Our goal is to give our
students experience in designing and conducting experiments.  I believe
we are limited to somewhat "low-tech" work, unless we can get our
students involved in working in established laboratories.  Do you have
any suggestions for us?  In addition, we would like to place our
students in summer internships in labs accross the country.  Do you
know of anyone who might be interested in such a partnership?

Sincerely,
Andrew Symons