Laboratory assistant wanted
William McCarthy III
mccarthy at biosun.harvard.edu
Wed Jan 21 13:54:31 EST 1998
Maintenance of a zebrafish facility. Basic embryology and
histology techniques. General technical support.
1. (35%) Caring for and raising zebrafish for daily embryo
production and stock maintenance: Includes daily feeding, regular
cleaning, facility maintenance, culture of invertebrate food sources.
Setting up pairwise mating, embryo collection, and embryo care.
2. (35%) Direct involvement in ongoing research projects involving
a medium scale mutagenesis screen. This would include embryological and
histological techniques. Previous experience would be useful.
3. (30%) General technical support such as the maintenance of
stock solutions, bacterial and protozoan culture, maintenance of lab
databases, general equipment preparation, assistance in general
4. Requires flexible hours, with weekend and some holiday duties.
1. Bachelors degree in the biological sciences.
2. Some embryology and histology experience.
3. Computer literacy.
4. Ability to work with a variety of people.
Send resume to:
William R. McCarthy III
Harvard University Biological Laboratories
16 Divinity Ave.
Cambridge, Mass. 02138
e-mail: mccarthy at biosun.harvard.edu
More information about the Zbrafish