chorin removal

Sonya Billiard billiard at biology.queensu.ca
Thu Jul 9 15:14:27 EST 1998

Hello,

I am looking at PAH uptake in embryos and larvae of rainbow trout.
Since we don't usually see symptoms until 1-2 weeks after chronic
exposure we wanted to also run some dechorinated embryo treatments to
see if it's a egg permeability issue.  Would you know if the treatments
described for zebrafish work for rainbow trout (@ 26 days
post-fertilization) eggs? The salmonid eggs are much larger than
zebrafish which would make it easier to physically remove the chorion by
making an incision but would require a longer pronase treatment I would
think.  Can they survive without the embryo medium?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Yours sincerely,

Sonya M. Billiard (PhD Candidate)
3230 BioSciences Complex
School of Environmental Studies/Department of Biology
Queen's University
Kingston, Ontario K7L 3N6

Voice: (613) 545-6000 Ext.7162
Fax: (613) 545-6617