zebrafish genomic DNA prep.

Chad Malloff cmalloff at bccancer.bc.ca
Mon Jul 13 10:06:12 EST 1998

Hi, I am having a problem isolating DNA from adult zebrafish.  I have
followed the protocol in the zebrafish book, 9.8-9.10.  The problem is
that I have what would appear to be a large amount of polysaccharide of
some sort which makes it difficult to precipitate the DNA.  I am going
to phenol extract the samples a couple more times to see if that helps.
I imagine it will but I am curious to know if there might be a different
way around this or if it may be something other than polysaccharide.
Thank you.

Sincerely

Chad Malloff