Mid-Atlantic Regional zebrafish meeting

Marnie Halpern halpern at mail1.ciwemb.edu
Mon Jul 27 11:26:12 EST 1998

Subject:                                 Time:1:26 PM
Regional meeting                    Date:7/17/98

Dear Colleagues,

Enclosed you will find the program and directions for the upcoming
Mid-Atlantic Regional zebrafish meeting,  August 7, 1998. We strongly
encourage all participants to do an informal poster presentation (we'll
provide paper and markers) as a way to share ideas and get input (you
can also bring posters from the zebrafish meeting too!).

We need to know as soon as possible 1., exactly who (exact names!) is
coming to the meeting from your labs/Institutions and 2. how many folks
will be bringing or making posters. Also note that we are receiving some
funds from Zeiss (who will be demonstrating some scopes for us and
providing helpful information specific to zebrafish imaging) and from
the Center of Marine Biotechnology, University of Maryland Biotechnology
Institute. We greatly appreciate their support!

 See you at the harbor!! Jim and Marnie

Time:

August 7, 1998. 1pm to 7:00pm.

Place:

Multipurpose conference room at Columbus Center/Center of Marine
Biotechnology.
701 East Pratt Street
Baltimore, MD 21202
 (410) 234-8800

The Columbus Center is the home of the Center of Marine Biotechnology at
the University of Maryland Biotechnology Institute (UMBI). It is located
on Piers 5 and 6 in Baltimore's Inner Harbor.

The picture of the building can be seen on the  web site at:
http://www.umbi.umd.edu/~comb/index.html

Program:

12:30 pm -1 pm: social and business.

1:00 pm - 1:30 pm: Amy Rubinstein
 Carnegie Institute of Washington, Baltimore.

 A differential screen for cyclops regulated gene expression.

1:30 pm - 2:00 pm: Vu Nguyen
 Dept. of Cell and Developmental Biology, University of Pennsylvania

 Specification of ventral and lateral positions of the gastrula,
including
 the neural crest progenitors.

2:00 pm - 2:30 pm: Brant M. Weinstein
 Laboratory of Molecular Genetics
 NICHD, NIH

 Studying the developing circulatory system of the zebrafish.

2:30 pm -2:50 pm: coffee break

2:50 pm - 3:20 pm: Yoav Gothilf
 Section on Neuroendocrinology
 NICHD, NIH.

 Attempting to elucidate the melatonin oscillator in the zebrafish
pineal.

3:20 pm - 3:45 pm: Anne Unger
 Department of Biology, University of Virginia.

 Making and screening androgenetic haploids in zebrafish.

4:00 pm - 5:00 pm: tour to the National Aquarium of Baltimore (2 min
walk from the Columbus Center).

5:00 pm - 7:00 pm: Poster session (beer and pizza will be provided).
 3rd floor of the Exhibition hall in the Columbus Center.

Directions: