piscine tuberculosis

makasha makasha at jersey.uoregon.edu
Mon Mar 30 12:30:19 EST 1998

I am curious to know if you can advise me about possible piscine
tuberculosis case.

I have already removed and destroyed the suspected fish, but I am most
concerned with possible human transmission. When I received original
advice via the pet store, they did not mention these dangers and I did
not take much precaution other than washing hands well. (beleiving that
transmission was not possible).

do you know what the risks of transmission are and/or what should be
done at this point?

Michele Lukowski
makasha at gladstone.uoregon.edu