Zebrafish Testing

NUDesai NUDesai at aol.com
Tue May 5 13:05:33 EST 1998

I have been doing research about the effects of microgravity on
zebrafish development, especially homeobox gene expression. I used the
simulated microgravity chamber provided by NASA. My results showed that
the genes for development were down-modulated and hence affecting the
balance and equilibrium (handled by otic placode and otoliths).

I would like additional information concerning any developmental testing
on zebrafish, or any microgravity testing on other animals. Next week I
will be attending the International Science Fair in Ft. Worth and any
information would be most appreciated.

Neil U. Desai
NUDesai at aol.com
Sophmore, Dunbar Science and Engineering
7108 Aspen Wood Trl.
Fort Worth, TX 76132