tumor models in fish

Mon Oct 5 10:53:27 EST 1998

Try:

Anders, A., G. Kollinger & K. Chatterjee (1981). Heritable and induced
melanomas in Xiphophorus. In: M. Seiji (ed.), Pigment Cell 1981: Phenotypic
Expression in Pigment Cells, Proceedings of the XIth International Pigment
Cell Conference, Sendai, Japan, 1980, Tokyo: University of Tokyo Press, p.
501-506.

Zechel, C., U. Schleenbecker, A. Anders, M. Pfutz & F. Anders (1989).
Search for genes critical for the early and/or late events in
carcinogenesis: studies in Xiphophorus  (Pisces, Teleostei). Hamatol.
Bluttransfus.  32, 366-385. (Medline AN: 90169644)

and much other work by A. Anders.

>Hello My name is Rebecca Rancourt
>
>I am an undergrad at Syracuse University.  I was wondering if you knew
>anything about tumor models in fish (zebra dano fish or any small
>aquarium fish) that can be be used for Chemotherapy research.
>
>Thank you very much

Dr. Richard Gordon, Department of Radiology
President, Canadian Society for Theoretical Biology
University of Manitoba, Health Sciences Centre, Room GA248
820 Sherbrook Street, Winnipeg, MB R3A 1R9 Canada
Phone: (204) 789-3828,  Fax: (204) 787-2080, Home: (204) 589-0411
E-mail: GordonR at cc.UManitoba.ca