triploid zebrafish??

STEVETIP at aol.com STEVETIP at aol.com
Mon Oct 12 10:34:22 EST 1998

I am currently a graduate student at Western Carolina University.  There
is an ongoing study at the University dealing with gonad development in
haploid, diploid, and triploid brook trout.  I am interested in the cell
replication rate differences related to the ploidy level.  I have not
found anything on your website dealing with triploid zebrafish.  Are
these fish viable as triploids and where could the procedure for
creating triploidy be found?  I want to use zebrafish because the trout
embryo is much slower developing and much harder to monitor.  If you
know of a procedure for creating triploid zebrafish, please let me know
where I can get documentation.  Thank you for any information you can
provide.

Steve Tipton