chorion removing

M¬ Carmen Alvarez Alvarez at uma.es
Tue Feb 16 12:10:53 EST 1999

Hi all,

We need smoothly remove the chorion of mid-blastula embryos from marine
species. Enzymatic protocols currently in use for freshwater species (zf,
medaka) have been tested with not much success.
I wonder if chorion composition is not quite the same in both goups of fish.
Has anybody out there any experience on how to perform the digestion of
chorion in marine embryos? Is there any difference in chorion composition
among different fish groups?

Thanks a lot in advance. Your help is greatly appreciated

M. Carmen

Prof. M. Carmen Alvarez
Dp de Biologia Celular y Genetica
=46acultad de Ciencias