dechorionating procedures

Amy L. Prasch alprasch at students.wisc.edu
Mon Jan 11 10:58:11 EST 1999

Hello,
I am trying to dechorionate zebrafish embryos at the one and two cell
stages. I was hoping to use chemical dechorionation because I have a
large number of them to do. I tried the pronase treatment described in
the Zebrafish Book by Westerfield. Most of my embryos seem to be dying
after this treatment. I was wondering if anyone had a similar experience
with this procedure or if there are some sort of tricks that work well
when doing this. If anyone has any ideas about this treatment or about
any other dechorionation treatments that work well I would really
appreciate hearing about them.

Thanks much,
Amy Prasch