to glue or not to glue

Mike Kacergis kacergis at box-k.nih.gov
Tue Jun 1 11:32:25 EST 1999

Greetings all,

I have a question regarding the use of a low VOC (volatile organic
compounds) epoxy or Superglue in a fish facility and the potential
impact on zebrafish. What we have is approximately 5000 numbered
plastic tags that need to be attached to tank slots in a large system.
(We will take the obvious precautions not to drip adhesive into
system-water.) Silicon was tried previously but over time the racks
shed many of these tags. The room in question has adequate ventilation.

Any thoughts on the matter?

Please respond directly to my email address. If there is sufficient
interest I'll post a summary of the responses.

Thanks
Mike Kacergis
Kacergis at nih.gov

Michael Kacergis