reporter genes and cell lines

Colin Dolphin colin.dolphin at kcl.ac.uk
Fri Jun 25 10:08:21 EST 1999

I am writing a grant with the ultimate aim of defining the molecular
mechanism underlying the osmoregulatory control of certain flounder
(yes, I know this is a zebrafish news group but I thought someone might
be able to help) genes we aim to isolate. Although I have no problem
with the basic methods to be used I don't have direct, hands-on
experience of reporter gene assays and certainly wouldn't know about any
suitable responsive fish cell lines. Can anyone help with ideas on
reporter genes and a suitable cell line which might be responsive to
changes in external salinity and could be used for deletion mutant
analysis ?

Colin Dolphin
Department of Pharmacy
King's College London