Zebrafish UniGene/ repetitive elements?

Lukas Wagner wagner at nlm.nih.gov
Mon Nov 1 11:37:32 EST 1999

I'd like to announce thta NCBI is now offering a UniGene
dataset for zebrafish:
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/UniGene/Dr.Home.html

A brief description:
UniGene is an experimental system for automatically
partitioning GenBank sequences into a non-redundant set of
gene-oriented clusters. Each UniGene cluster contains sequences
that represent a unique gene, as well as related information such
as the tissue types in which the gene has been expressed and map
location.

To improve its accuracy, we would like to mask for repetitive
elements, as we do for other organisms.  I have been unable to find
a machine-readable set of zebrafish repetitive elements. I wonder
whether any readers of this newsgroup might be willing to share
whatever repetitive element dataset you have access to.

Thank you,
--
     -Lukas Wagner
     wagner (at)