UK lab out of contact due to flood

IMason ivor.mason at kcl.ac.uk
Wed Nov 3 18:36:38 EST 1999

Dear all,

   Some of you may be aware that on Sunday 24th October a water
main burst outside our campus flooding the basement of our
building to a depth of more than five feet. This resulted in the loss
of all power and backup power supplies until Monday 1st
November. Moreover, our internet server was also housed in the
basement and has been lost. I do not expect regular internet
contact to be restored for several weeks. Thus, if you need to
contact me please use the phone or fax me at the number below.
   This has also resulted in considerable loss of material and we
will be spending the next few weeks trying to assess the losses.
Consequently, for those of you who are collaborating with us and
require reagents from us, please contact to confirm that they have
survived the electricity downtime.
    I will only occasionally be able to check my email as I have to
use a remote site.

Best
Ivor

phone 44 (0) 207 6547